Los Angeles Personal Injury Lawyer Resources
- Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Bicycle Accidents
- Los Angeles Car Accidents
- Los Angeles Motorcycle Accidents
- Los Angeles Pedestrian Accidents
- Los Angeles Reviews
- Los Angeles Uber Accidents
- What is the average Los Angeles Personal Injury Settlement?
- How to Find the Best Personal Injury Lawyer in LA
- Questions to Ask a LA Personal Injury Lawyer
Stressed About Making Your Los Angeles Car Accident Claim?
Let Us Be Your Co-Pilot so You Can Focus on What's Important
Most car accidents in Los Angeles are minor. These fender benders are just another hassle—part of living in a big city. But sometimes those crashes can do more than just break a taillight or put a dent in a door panel. A serious Los Angeles car accident can completely derail your life, leave you really injured and out of work, put tremendous financial strain on you and your family, and have long-lasting (perhaps even permanent) effects.
When that happens, we can help. Sally Morin has assembled a team of expert Los Angeles car accident attorneys to help victims get the compensation they deserve and get back on the road quickly. Whether that means negotiating a substantial but fair settlement with the at-fault party’s insurance provider or going to court to fight for what our client deserves. You’ve been in a major car accident. Isn’t that enough? Let us take the wheel.
If you have suffered major injuries like:
- broken bones
- traumatic brain injury
- or injuries requiring surgery
As a result of a car crash...
Then speaking with an LA car accident attorney at Sally Morin Law is the first step on the road to recovery.
Don’t Navigate Your LA Car Accident Claim Alone
Many people think that hiring a lawyer for their car accident is too expensive or unnecessary. They think that insurance companies will automatically cut them a check to cover their expenses. But the sad truth is those checks don’t come easily, and when they do finally come they are written for the smallest amount possible.
These quick low-ball payouts may come without involving a lawyer and their fees, but they don’t take into account the full extent of your injuries or the total length of your recovery time. Sure, they may pay for your past medical bills but will they cover your lost wages? Will they cover extended physical therapy if you need it or repeat surgical procedures that may be necessary in the future? Will they pay for the pain and suffering you endured when you were recovering from your injuries?
Making sure you get all of these important things compensated is what a solid Los Angeles car accident lawyer will help you do. Assuming the attorney you choose has a track record of success, they will get you far beyond what their legal fees will be, putting more money in your wallet when your case is over.
Injuries and Deaths from Car Accidents in Los Angeles Continue to Rise
Los Angeles County has the highest number of injury and death-related auto accidents in all of California and also the top in California for DUI traffic accidents. There are roughly 80,000 car accidents in Los Angeles County every year. In 2016 there were a record 260 fatalities - an increase of almost 43% over 2015. (US car accident deaths only increased 6% in this same period.) In 2017, despite the City’s commitment to “Vision Zero,” Los Angeles again saw a jaw-dropping 22% increase in traffic deaths. Not all Los Angeles car accidents result in death, but there are thousands upon thousands of LA car crashes that result in reported injuries every year.
These wrecks can happen to anyone and often they are another person’s fault. Distracted, negligent, or reckless drivers cause the vast majority of car accidents in Los Angeles. In fact, the top contributing factors to all automobile accidents are:
- Failure to yield
- Improper Turns
- Failure to obey signs/signals
- Alcohol use
- Distracted driving
These top causes of automobile accidents in Los Angeles put the fault squarely on the other driver in the majority of cases.
Even if you’ve never been in a car accident in Los Angeles before, your odds of having one within the next year are roughly one in ten. Hopefully, you do not have one. Or, if you do end up in a car wreck, ideally it is a minor injury crash that requires little or no medical treatment and certainly doesn’t involve a car accident lawyer. However, if you are seriously injured in a Los Angeles car accident, you’ll want to have an attorney you know you can trust during this nerve-racking time.
LA Car Accident Client
"After getting rear-ended on the 405 by a distracted driver, I was absolutely clueless as to what to do and where to turn. Sally and her team worked tirelessly to make sure that I was taken care of on all fronts."
You Don’t Have to Shoulder Your Accident on Your Own
Add emotional stress to the physical pain and frustration of being injured in a car accident in Los Angeles and it’s not hard to see how quickly you can become overwhelmed. But there is help!
Sally Morin and her expert car accident legal team have been helping victims of Los Angeles car accidents get the financial compensation they deserve for over two decades. We can:
- Negotiate with insurance companies to get larger payouts in auto accident cases
- Reduce your financial obligations to medical service providers (keep more money for yourself)
- Shorten the claims resolution process so you can get your life back on track faster
- Go to bat for you in court if it comes it (Sally’s been successfully litigating personal injury cases in California for over 20 years)
- Deal directly with all parties involved so you can concentrate on getting better
Not ready to hire a Los Angeles auto accident lawyer yet? Here are a few things you MUST do to ensure your case is not jeopardized.
What You Can Do to Protect Yourself after a Car Crash in LA
While it may be impossible for you to prevent car accidents, there are a number of things you can do after the fact to speed up your recovery process and build a strong case against the at-fault driver. Especially if you suffered major injuries and are going to need to hire a car accident lawyer in Los Angeles:
- Seek Medical Attention | Getting your injuries documented is the first step in building a strong personal injury case. Be sure to follow your doctor’s instructions and receive all follow-up care necessary.
- Document the Accident | If you’re able to at the time of the crash, take photos of all vehicles involved, the intersection or roadway where the crash happened, record the names and addresses of all witnesses. Having accurate and timely information available makes proving liability in a court of law much easier. If you’re unable, have a trusted friend or family member do the investigative work.
- Don’t Rely Solely on the Police Report | LA police officers are overworked and many times important details are left out or reported incorrectly in the paperwork. Having your own documentation and eyewitnesses could make the difference between a successful settlement process and getting less than you deserve. More often than not, cases that are not properly documented at the time of the accident end up in court. Don’t leave the evidence “unknown.”
- Don’t Speak Directly with Insurance Adjusters | Insurance adjusters will elicit private information [like your Social Security Number] from you and use anything you say to lower the settlement amount offered to you. It’s much easier (and enjoyable) to just tell them to speak to your lawyer.
- Don’t Post about Your Car Crash on Social Media | Just don’t! It gives fuel to the other side. Wait until you speak with an LA car crash lawyer first, but they’ll probably advise you to stay off social – at least with regard to anything about your car wreck - for the duration of your case.
- Put a Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyer in the Driver’s Seat | Letting an experienced LA auto accident attorney take the wheel minimizes the risk of losing the monetary award you’re likely entitled to. Speak with one of the professionals at Sally Morin Law today.
Let's Get the Settlement You Deserve!
Why risk sabotaging your LA auto accident claim by trying to handle it alone?
Get your no cost, risk-free case evaluation. And get peace of mind.
If at any time within the first 30 days of signing with Sally Morin Law you are not 100% satisfied with the quality and care of service you receive from our attorneys, we will cancel your contract at no cost so that you can seek different representation. No questions asked.
Sally Morin Law – A Different Type of Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyer for YOU
We’re not like those other auto accident attorneys in Los Angeles. You won’t see us on billboards, on buses or late-night TV. We hand-select each and every one of our clients, so we can create the best possible attorney-client relationships in the business.
"Lauren, Sally and Rebecca were better than family in steering me through the 6 months that followed."
The legal experts at Sally Morin Law work for you and only for you.
- We don’t make unrealistic promises to get you to hire us.
- We don’t leave you in the dark and forget to return your phone calls or emails.
- We don’t leave the paperwork to you while we collect a paycheck.
- We don’t force you to go through a trial just to boost our own egos and “win record.”
What we do is get you the most money in your pocket possible as quickly as we can.
How do we do that?
We Have a Client-Focused Approach to Car Accident Representation in Los Angeles
- We choose our clients very selectively. We work exclusively with hard-working, reasonable individuals who have been seriously injured (not just whiplash) in car accidents in Los Angeles. We know these individuals aren’t out to scam the insurance companies or punish the at-fault parties. They’ve suffered major injuries and simply want a fair settlement that covers their medical expenses, lost earnings, and other necessities while they heal.
- We focus exclusively on cases involving pedestrian, motorcycle, bicycle, and car accidents in Los Angeles. This laser precision has allowed us to become experts in these types of complicated legal battles. We know what to expect from all parties involved and how to get you as much as you deserve.
- We keep all of our clients informed throughout the Los Angeles car accident claims process, explaining everything in simple terms they can understand. This empowers victims of car accidents to make the right choices for themselves.
- We’re never out of touch—You have direct access to the attorney on your case, and we answer your phone calls and emails as soon as possible, not days later.
The bottom line for us is customer service!
At Sally Morin Law, we know that it’s not just the money our clients are after, but the sense of balance that comes with putting their life back in order after a life-changing car accident. They want to get back to work fast. They want the bill collectors to stop calling. They want the checking account balance to stop shrinking. They want the stress of their LA auto accident claim to go away so they can concentrate on their physical recovery.
If this sounds like you, reach out to see if we can help.
Are We the Right Los Angeles Auto Accident Attorneys for You?
Have you been seriously injured in a car accident in Los Angeles caused by another driver? Is putting the accident behind you and getting back to life as usual your number one priority? Chances are we can help. Contact a Los Angeles car accident lawyer at Sally Morin Law. Call (323) 283-8211 today or submit your case online to get help now.
Check out Sally Morin Law's Los Angeles Client Reviews and Testimonials
The team at Sally Morin Law prides itself on providing unparalleled customer-service. You can see this in our reviews.