You want a FAIR settlement, and having a qualified personal injury traffic accident attorney on your case can be very beneficial for many reasons. Here are the top 5 reasons you should hire a personal injury attorney for your pedestrian, bicycle, motorcycle or auto accident case:
- Allows You to Focus on Healing from Your Injuries – Your personal injury lawyer will handle all communication with the insurance companies in your case, so that you can focus on the number one priority… healing from your injuries. Handling a personal injury case can be very time consuming and stressful. It requires constant attention, daily phone calls, sending and receiving letters, emails, faxes, legal documents, medical records and billing, dealing with nasty bill collectors, cantankerous insurance adjusters, tense negotiations and much more. All of these things pull your attention away from recovering from your injuries and cause further stress to your mind and body. Let an experienced personal injury attorney take on that stress. Hey, that’s their job!
- Brings Expertise, Resources and Knowledge to Your Case – If you hire the right attorney, she wll have many years of experience (I’ve been doing this since 1997) specifically in the type of case you have. Be sure to choose someone who focuses their attention on your specific type of case and does not dilute their experience and skills by handling all types of cases – i.e. anything that comes in the door (I focus my attention on only 4 types of cases – pedestrian, bicycle, motorcycle and auto accident cases.) That way, she can handle your case with expert care and attention. Also, your injury lawyer will have the resources required to build your case. She will have legal staff to make calls, gather records, contact witnesses, etc. to make your case as strong as possible. She will also be able to refer you to the appropriate medical providers, if you do not have providers you already trust and enjoy working with. She should also have a network of expert witnesses that she can use should your case require independent expert testimony to prove a certain element of the case. Finally, when it comes to negotiating a fair deal in your case, this lawyer will have years of knowledge and experience that will allow her to get the best settlement possible for your particular case and advise you on what other cases (similar to yours) have settled for recently to give you a better idea as to what is reasonable and fair.
- Increases to Value of Your Case – An experienced personal injury attorney will use her experience and skills to negotiate a much better settlement in your case than you could do on your own. Your attorney will earn her own fee, meaning she will almost always increase the value of your case (through her efforts, experience and established systems) so that you end up with more money, even after paying legal fees, than you would have if you had handled the case on your own. Not to mention, she will take on the stress, work and time-consumption of such an endeavor, rather than have that on your already burdened shoulders.
- Fronts the Costs in Your Case – Being involved in an accident can also have a significant impact on your financial condition. You may be forced out of work for a period of time, you may be facing medical bills, co-pay’s, increased transportation costs, etc. Having a personal injury attorney handle your case will at least alleviate the cost of building your case. Most injury lawyers front the case costs (costs of ordering copies of records, hiring investigators, medical experts and expert witnesses, court filing fees, etc.) for your case. The last thing you want to do when you are injured and suffering financially is come out of your pocket to build your case. That brings us to the final reason why hiring a personal injury attorney is a good idea.
- Does Not Collect a Fee until the Close of Your Case – Personal injury attorneys typically work on a contingency fee basis, which means they do not collect any legal fees up front and you do not have to pay them out of your pocket. The attorney receives her fee from the judgment or settlement proceeds received at the end of your case – and only if you win your case. If there is no recovery, there is no fee.
So, having a qualified personal injury attorney working for you on your pedestrian, bicycle, motorcycle or auto accident case can alleviate a lot of stress – physically, emotionally and financially – for you during this very vulnerable and painful time. The lawyer can also add great value to your case with her experience and resources, such that you will end up much better off physically and financially at the end of the case. It is worth it to at least contact a qualified personal injury attorney to see if she is the right fit for you and will provide significant value to your well-being and your case. Good luck!